This a beautiful medieval artifact. It is unfortunately very weathered, and is not recommended to be worn. It makes a great display piece. It dates back to the 8th to 13th Century. This Ring was found near St. Monans Parish in winter of 2017 with a metal detector in Fife, Scotland.
The origins of St Monans Parish Church date back to 875 when St Monan (or possibly one or more of his bones) was buried here and a shrine was established to venerate his memory. In 1346 David II was wounded by two barbed arrows at the battle of Neville's Cross. One could not be extracted, but miraculously removed itself from his wound after David had made a pilgrimage to the shrine of St Monans. To give thanks he ordered the building of a church on the site.
Over the following eight years the church was built at a cost of £613, 7s. 0d., plus a further £6, 13s. 4d. for the woodwork. In the late 1400s the church was given byJames III to form the basis of a Dominican Priory. Most sources agree that today's church stands largely as built by David II: though it has also been suggested that many architectural features owe more to the 1400s, perhaps through modification at the time it became a priory church.